With the aid of the MyMyk Connector Cable, the SportsMyk can be used with a smartphone to record audio remotely.
1. The filmmaker needs to attach the SportsMyk to the MyMyk Connector Cable and then insert the Connector Cable into the smartphone (this will disconnect the internal microphone).
2. Position the SportsMyk with the boom microphone close to the audio source – either using a helmet strap, athlete’s apparel, or a peaked cap.
3. The smartphone can then be placed into the pocket of a jacket, pants, attached to a belt, etc.
4. Download either the MyMyk Camera Audio application, or the MyMyk Reporter application – available on iTunes (if using Android, there are alternative applications that are suitable for recording and sending files).
5. Once the live commentary has been recorded, the audio can be conveniently transferred from your iOS device using WiFi or a drop box application – this can then be inserted into editing software of your choice.
6. You can then match the commentary audio with the footage that has been recorded from the remote camera.
This feature will improve the audio quality and overall experience of your production.