Recording left and right audio of different levels into the camera
Recording a talking head interview when it is necessary to be able to control the levels of each person separately – such as a loud male voice and softly spoken female voice.
Most cameras with a manual audio gain control will not allow for separate record levels to be set between left and right.
You will need:
- MyMyk Connector Cable
- 1 x Y-cable with two mono TRS 3.5mm input sockets and a 3.5TRS stereo plug
- 2 x 3.5mm TRS cables (one is supplied with Smartlynk)
- Select SPLIT mode on Smartlynk selected from the power ON switch.
- Take the 3.5mm TRS output cable (supplied with Smartlynk) and plug this into the MIC output of Smartlynk. Plug the other end of the cable into one-side of the mono input sockets of the Y cable.
- Then plug The MyMyk Connector Cable into the APP output of Smartlynk.
- Take 3.5TRS cable and patch the output of the Connector cable into the other side of the mono Y cable.
- Plug the stereo 3.5TRS into the camera.
Independent control of the left and right record levels into the camera can now be achieved.